Head to the Adult Hockey page to check out the schedule for the upcoming Stumptown Meltown Tournament. 12 teams from the Flathead Valley, Missoula, British Columbia and Alberta will compete for the prize in a 4 game round robin tournament.
Archive for March, 2011
One week left in the “A” league regular season and the standings are as close as ever. Next weeks matchups are T-Wolves vs. Pounders at 9:15pm and Slicers vs. Cougars at 10:45pm. Only 3 of these 4 teams advance. One team will be playing their last league game on Wednesday March 16th. At this point only one team has clinched a playoff spot: The Cougars. The Slicers, Pounders and T-wolves all fight for their playoff lives.
Here are some scenarios:
- Cougars win: They will be the #1 seed and automatically qualify for the championship series
- Slicers win: They will be the #1 seed and automatically qualify for the championship series
- T-Wolves win: make playoffs
- Pounders win: make playoffs
- T-Wolves loss: turn in your jersies boys, season’s over
All of these scenarions are based on wins/loses in regulation. Any overtime loss is worth one point for the loser so an overtime loss would change everthing…